This is an online-based Live Training/workshop with lots of Hands-on sessions on Gstreamer & Plugins which has been widely used in Automotive, Infotainment, AR VR MR (Mixed reality) in Gaming, Digital Screens, Data or Video Processing (with AI ) & other related industries.
This is an online based Live Training / workshop with lots of Hands-on sessions on Gstreamer & Plugins which has been widely used in Automative, Infotainment , AR VR MR (Mixed reality) in Gaming , Digital Screens , Data or Video Processing (with AI ) & other related industries .
Duration: 24 hours (Weekday - 1 hour & Weekend - 3-4 hours )
GStreamer Detailed Concept : Pipes and Filters architecture, Creating filter chain, debugging filter chain, printing filter graph, GSTBIN, etc.
Theory Topics for GSTreamer usage
1. Hello World
2. Gstreamer Concepts
3. Dynamic Pipelines
4. Time Management
5. GUI Toolkit Integration
6. Media Formats and pad capabilities
7. Multithreading and Pad availability
8. Short cutting the pipeline
Media information Gathering
10. Gstreamer tools
11. Debugging tools
13. Playback speed
14. Handy elements
15. Platform specific elements
Lab Practice: Playing with Gstreamer pipeline
1. Introduction to pipes and filters architecture, typical playback, recording
and transcoding pipeline. Role of mux and demux, with respect to file formats
2. Introduction to GStreamer. Framework commands – gst-inspect, gst-play
3. Creating filter chain from command line, debugging filter chain,
printing filter graph
4. Study on various components of gstreamer like GSTBIN, network filters,
file read write filters etc
5. Create Filter chain using C program.
Theory Topics for GStreamer Plugins development
1. Constructing the boiler plate
2. Specifying the pads
3. The chain function
4. The event function
5. The query function
6. What are states
7. Adding properties
9. Building Test Application
GST Internals: Making a GStreamer filter, pads, registering filter etc
Lab Practice: Create a GST Filter and test
it against standard filters
1. Theoretical study on internals of GStreamer plugin, pads, registering
2. Building and deploying steps of a Gstreamer filter
3. Demo using a dummy GST filter. Make code, build and install, then use
this filter in a filter chain
4. Students should be given an exercise to develop a filter from scratch, build, install, deploy and test the filter, and submit the source code of the same.
Faculty Profile -
An astute professional with 18 years of experience in Project Management and Software Development in Java, C and C++ for Multimedia/GStreamer and Audio/Video Technology, BSD, AI, various Set Top Box, Transport Stream Analysis and Synthesis, Camera and Telecom domain on Window & Linux platform.
He had worked for brands like Toshiba, Nokia, Motorola,
Samsung, HCL, Intel, Sony, Verizon, Comcast etc, as a direct as well as
consultant employee, assimilating a huge spectrum of Best Practices and
Technologies from each of the mentioned places.
Out of personal interest, in leisure, he dabbles in website
development with DBMS, Android applications, Robotics, AI, and has done a
number of hobby projects in Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
Also he enjoys teaching, reading and tinkering in the technical domain, and has a good command in public speaking skills.
KPI Consulting is one of the fastest growing (with 1000+ tech workshops) e-learning & consulting Firm which provides objective-based innovative & effective learning solutions for the entire spectrum of technical & domain skills